Wednesday, October 24, 2007

 

JSH: Would anything matter?

So I made a post about my prime gap equation and I think it should work, but will it matter?

If it is correct then you can calculate to a high degree of accuracy the probability that given a particular prime, say, 107 whether or not adding 6 to it will give you a prime number.

Now I make THIS post because it turns out that from chaos theory there is a fairly high probability that an atypical research tidbit might break this situation open and oddly enough make headlines around the world which is why the real world is so fascinating.

There are multiple reasons why my prime gap equation might be that tidbit as it's rather complicated looking.

Math people love complexity for some reason.

Also, prediction is rather dramatic to people who don't understand it, or realize how much of any research that is of value is about prediction so I consider that a bit of sleight of hand, but I'll take it.

Let lesser minds be fascinated by easy predictability of prime behavior if it serves a greater good.

I am fascinated by this occurrence in terms of the timing, and will monitor the situation to see if it is a cascading event.

After all, who knows what drop of sand brings down the pile?

Does that sound predictive? I assure you that it is all quite scientific and based on some well researched methodologies.

But it is the knowing that makes the difference, now isn't it?

Otherwise, it just seems like magic.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?