Monday, October 29, 2007

 

JSH: Why self-encryption?

I want to talk again about a simple idea I have for copy protection where when, for instance, you make a DVD of your favorite movie, like, say "Transformers", your DVD burner encrypts the copy, where it can still read it despite that encryption, but no one else can, without a key.

Now I presented that idea on one of my blogs back in January of this year. And it is a simple enough idea that I think most of you can understand it, and now we get to math, as that idea has been attacked often by the same people who criticize my mathematical research.

So why is that important?

Well it goes to why what I call self-encryption would work on most people, like you, as if you had a DVD burner and your DVD burner encrypts a copy you make of some movie, then how much effort are you really going to make to either get it to give you an unencrypted copy so you can hand off to lots of friends, or to break that encryption?

Most of you will do little to no effort at all. As why bother? You have your backup copy. Your drive can read it, and your friends can go by their own.

Are there ways for people with massive resources and computer know-how to beat this idea? Yes.

But in the past with records, if you had enough resources you could copy a record as well, but most people didn't try.

That is just an idea though, which is important in this forum because some of the same people who will tell you that I didn't find a proof of Fermat's Last Theorem will tell you that idea is bogus and they'll talk some noise about why they say it's junk.

And that highlights how to many posters here these forums are of no value to the world. as if that idea is not junk then it could save millions of dollars in the REAL world and allow you, as well as millions of other people around the world to make backup copies of your movies, legally.

I say that the mathematical field today is dominated by people who learned to lie about problems, and learned that most people do not think it really matters, which is why they lie about my mathematical research as well as my other ideas like self-encryption.

Obviously if I have an idea that takes off in the entertainment industry then I would have a lot of power to shape how the world looks at mathematicians, and you know a lot about what I'd say.

You people hate the truth, and you hate real problem solving.

What you do love is pretend problem solving, and acting like mathematicians, with ideas that I have shot down as junk math, which you hold on to for dear life as you do not give a damn about the truth.

[A reply to someone who wrote about the invention of CSS.]

So you compare inventing CSS to allowing people to copy their DVD's without hassle?

And were people getting sued over anything with CSS?

Reminder to people who didn't read my lead post, my idea is that your DVD burner would encrypt a copy you made of, say, the movie "Transformers", so only it could read it without a key.

So you can't give away that copy to your friends, without a key, so the movie industry can make more money.

The idea works with CD's as well, so it could solve problems for the music industry.

That is problem solving at its finest—hated by the modern mathematical community which fights to block ANY recognition of my research because I know that it is hostile to knowledge while pretending to be the opposite.

So part of the point here is that the math community is not what most people think it is, and it is hostile to new ideas and innovation.

Mathematicians get away with it because, well, most people don't really know or care what they are doing, so they escape serious and critical scrutiny.

But if I help the entertainment industry save millions of dollars then people will listen when I say look closely.

And I can explain to them how mathematicians lie, and how they clearly know they are lying and do so with a sense of impunity because no one has been there to focus attention on what they are doing.

I will be that person, so that the world peers closely into the details of what mathematicians around the world are actually doing with me telling people they are lying, and how to see that they are lying.

And then those mathematicians won't teach students any more.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?