Thursday, October 25, 2007

 

JSH: End goal

Just a reminder, a while back I worked out a legal basis for suing universities for the inaction of their professors on major research finds.

The end targets have not changed.

The end goal is to prove a serious social harm caused by the current setup of the academic world in order to change it for the better of humanity.

If that means shredding endowments in the billions of dollars then so be it.

I think at a minimum it also means the end of tenure, so those of you who have it, enjoy it while it lasts.

You picked this fight, not me.

The end of the Math Wars will be the end of academia as it currently operates, worldwide.

[A reply to a professor from Hamilton College who asked James to sign him up as his first target.]

Your school is too small. Princeton and Harvard, as I've said before.

They are the 'P' and 'H', is there a 'D' professor out there?

For Harvard I have Mazur. For Princeton I have journal editors.

[A reply to someone who suggested that James should sue Archimedes Plutonium.]

I'm not the one who will sue. The parents will.

[A reply to someone who asked whether only ivy-league parents will sue.]

I have no intention of filing any lawsuits against universities.

What I have done is present an outline for the legal argument for others to do so, and the most logical people to do so would be parents or their children who were students.

The best choices with parents least likely to sit back and just shrug when the full story comes out are parents of Ivy league schools.

But they still need an actual professor or professors who violated the public trust, and for Princeton and Harvard I can give them names—specific people that can be named in a cause of action. For Harvard I have Mazur, for Princeton I have some editors.

That also handles a problem of public perception as well as how to get damages into the billions of dollars.

So no, the full plan is not about me suing. I want the targeted schools to meet the parents—in a totally different way.

So yes, going forward part of the process necessarily will be educating those parents so that they fully understand how their trust was betrayed and how their children were harmed or may have been harmed.

If that can't be done, then no lawsuits, unless the states can be convinced but that is a bit harder though not necessarily impossible, and if the parents do sue I'd think the states might be convinced to do so as well, which would be a formidable legal battle.

Possibly one of the biggest in civilized history.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?