Saturday, August 11, 2007

 

Problem solving as an art

For me as a kid growing up it was extremely exciting to learn about modern problem solving techniques, where for various reasons I do not these days go into details about the methodology behind modern problem solving as I am more focused these days on DOING something with what I learned as a child, so many decades ago.

I consider myself a problem solver as that's so generic and encompasses so much leaving me the ability to dive into many areas as I choose and having spent years working at mathematics I can easily shift slightly into other areas while the mathematical discoveries already made, of course, stay there.

And getting to mathematics, I think it important to remind that mathematics has an importance for the human race from its ability in helping to solve problems. It is an ACTION discipline which is about solving problems.

I think some today think of it as some weird and very complicated activity that slightly strange people who are very "smart" do for some reason or other that is supposedly important.

So in answer against that too narrow view, I have DMESE, a way that end users can make personal copies of DVD's they buy without content providers needing to worry about losing a lot of money to piracy.

As time goes forward I am working more and more on problems clearly relevant to the mainstream, and in areas where hundreds of millions or even hundreds of billions of dollars are at stake because our civilization is that advanced that those truly adept in the field of problem solving, who are actually at the limits of human power and understanding necessarily have an impact commensurate with that level, where I emphasize the positive.

Problem solving is an art, and those who are the adepts at it are artists.

The goal being to become a master and follow in the footsteps not only of Einstein, Newton, Gauss and Archimedes, but Picasso, Van Gogh, Michelangelo, and of course, Da Vinci.

IN all its forms, the search for truth is the greatest endeavor of them all.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?