Sunday, August 26, 2007

 

JSH: What if I succeed?

For years I've been talking about using the factoring problem to force acceptance of my other mathematical research as I figured that if I demonstrate my problem solving ability with a practical math problem away from "pure math" then I can get people to pay attention to my other decried research.

My take on responses from this newsgroup at least has been a contemptuous dismissal of any possibility of my success.

But what if I succeed?

The scary part to me is not the world's markets but the possibility that the academic math world IS as dumb as I've feared as if I just trot out a solution that shows that factoring is a trivially easy problem, and do it with ideas I've talked out over a year, how can it be smart?

Especially if it has spent the last five years ignoring my proof of FLT and my prime counting function along with other research?

And, um, can I ethically present a stunningly simple proof of how to make my latest "surrogate factoring" approach work at a time like this when the world's financial markets are already on edge?

But where can I go with the research?

I've already contacted the NSA in the past when I was wrong, and I've bugged cryptology people over the years, so how do I go to anyone now?

But more importantly, how can it be so trivial?

How could R, S and A present something so pathetically easy to solve to the world as a security system, and manage to convince people?

Should I hide math for the good of financial markets to protect a math culture that seems to be stupid on a scale hard to comprehend about even the most basic mathematics?

Or let fly? I think I have no choice but to simply present the research and let the chips fall where they may because the situation is so unprecedented that there is no rulebook.

There simply is no right answer.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?