Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 

JSH: Why I am distancing

I have mathematical results which may eventually show me to be an important figure in human history, and it should be clear by now that I am distancing myself as rapidly as I can from the mathematical community.

Years ago I remember how I excited I was when my computer screen filled with prime numbers, so excited as I thought, finally I had what I needed to convince math people that there was value to the problem solving techniques I used and in my ideas.

Months of arguing where I'd stress point after point only to have people on newsgroups just deny or ignore those points kind of put me into shock. It took years for me to work out all the details and understand how and why people in the math field deny crucial mathematical results.

Now that I understand completely I also know that there are no results that can break through with the current community and I'm turning my problem solving skills to other areas.

I grew up with a "smart" label. Years of being in gifted programs, doing things like going to Duke University as a teenager, getting a scholarship to Vanderbilt University, and having a sense of my ability to learn quickly and apply what I learned to problems and get solutions got me used to thinking that was just the way most people experienced the world.

But it's not.

So some people fake it.

And I kept hoping so I talked about my prime counting function, but I moved on from there and even got published and the people who were fakes could always just lie. I never knew how people could just lie until this experience.

I looked in other areas so unlike most of you I was a part of the discussion in the run-up to war with Iraq, and got a version of a letter published in TIME magazine where I stressed caution.

As we've learned what the real evidence was and was not, and as people in this country have continued for the most part without concern as they have their lives in order I understand so much better how most of you continue as long as you feel you have your lives in order.

You are not truly human. There is something missing in you. There is a loss of soul, a loss of that wonder that some of us have with learning, and being certain we have the truth.

I call you parasitic but you are so much less, as many of you seem to think that there is something to you valuable, when how can there be?

You eat, you drink, you defecate, you procreate, and you will die, but when you die, what will you leave?

Animals do more. Many of you will leave nothing but whatever of this history remains as long as it does that like Bush and others who have nothing of value in themselves or their lives that they truly appreciate, to you other human beings are just things that you manipulate.

You want to know what button to push to make the thing do what you want. What to say to get the money, to get the praise. So you can do whatever it takes to get the things—the other human beings—to do what makes you happy.

Makes you happy for whatever time you have on this planet until you die, then nothing.

So you are nothing. You believe in nothing.

And the destiny that creatures like you bring to those other human beings that you cannot see as more than things, as mechanisms that you try to figure out how to push to do what you want, is death.

Our future looks more and more like death from parasites who look like human beings, who act like human beings to get what they want from human beings, but who can kill like Bush without a thought, without concern about any reason other than to them, it's ok.

Mathematics is more than just a word or some people posturing, presenting themselves as brilliant.

It is a field where the truth can be determined by mathematical proof.

To the extent that you have broken that field you have broken the human species itself, and for those who doubt the reality of where we are, the continuing war in Iraq is a taste of what the future brings to us all.

A world where death walks freely not because of what we can't do, but because of what we cannot see—the parasites who live among us.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?