Sunday, May 20, 2007

 

JSH: Rebuttal, newsgroup at faul

This newsgroup acted against a paper of mine published in a peer reviewed mathematical journal, and its members who did so have maintained that my paper was in error.

I have completed a rebuttal paper, which goes over the entire argument in ways meant to end their ability to easily confuse about the details of my research:

http://groups.google.com/group/extrememathematics/web/non-polynomial-factorization-paper

Those posters who went after my earlier paper should apologize both to me and the editors of the journal, which is now unfortunately a dead journal.

Civilization depends first and foremost on civilized behavior.

When angry mobs can trounce the instruments of civilization, like breaking the formal peer review process with false accusations of error in a major paper, then it is our progress as a species that is put in doubt.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?