Wednesday, March 14, 2007

 

JSH: Sobering invention, surrogate factoring

Years ago I thought to myself as I argued with mathematicians who were willing to ignore my findings that it might take figuring out something practical that they couldn't get away with ignoring.

Now, it's odd to have an invention of my own factoring method, where for years I just had a concept, and question: Could one number be factored by instead factoring another?

The answer is, yes.

There is not a doubt at this point of impact from this new invention. I see evidence of the same tactics from the mathematical community of ignore, ignore, ignore, but they don't matter here because it's just a matter of the theory moving further into practicality.

I remember at times in the past debating with myself about why I would do such a thing, and find such a thing, and I'd give myself the example of liking to do a lot of transactions myself on-line, and I scared myself into believing that I personally could take that all away, but I got a little more faith in humanity, less fears about my ability to change the world, and now figure that if necessary new ways can be found.

The way I see it, people love the Internet, they love the conveniences it offers, and new systems can be used, if this idea is really as potent as of course I'd like to to be potent if only for my own research, to break through against mathematicians I see as con artists, pretending to be someone like me.

But the recent coincidental gyrations of the world's stock markets can maybe give some of you some sense of the fears that use to stop me cold in my research in this area. I used to post about those fears that went all the way to worrying about ending modern civilization as we know it, by collapsing the global economy. But the gyrations are a coincidence as I can't believe that people could be acting on the
knowledge of this situation and not just step in, after all, the mathematicians are lying about my research, so it'd be a matter of just stopping them. They are just con artist, not that intelligent, not brilliant, not worth losing everything over.

And now I say, it's like the researchers who invented the atomic bomb, who worried for a while that the damn thing might ignite the atmosphere and kill all life on the planet—overblown worries, no one is that big, the world will be just fine, no matter what I do.

The atomic bomb went off, since then lots of nuclear weapons have gone off, and our atmosphere is still here. We are still here.

I settled down and was able to continue my research, and code an implementation of it because I realized that I am just not that big. There is just no way that I can, by myself, take down civilization, so I needed to deflate the ego, just do the research and get it over with.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?