Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 

JSH: Unique in all the world

So yes, it turns out that I figured out this mathematics where you have something different than you'd find anywhere in the mathematical literature as instead of a pi(x) function, as mathematicians traditionally call the prime counting function, you have a P(x,n) function in the sieve form, so it has two variables instead of just one.

The second variable in the sieve form is the count of primes up to the integer square root of the first, that is, the largest natural number less than or equal to the square root of x.

Now if you know much about mathematics and mathematicians you may believe they get excited about unique things, even when those things are not practical as they call them "pure".

When they do not VISIBLY get excited over something, they would like you to think they don't think it's important, but what if it is, but is also threatening?

But how could a multi-variable prime counting function be threatening?

That is a question I want you to ponder so that the answer sinks in, and while you're pondering it, I'll note that hey, I found something UNIQUE in mathematical history about prime numbers!!!

The definition of my prime counting function in its sieve form is some of the most compact mathematics ever written to count primes. Actually, I say it is, but some posters argue with me saying other stuff is at least just as compact. Nothing is more.

So I have one of the most compact mathematical functions known for counting primes, which is unique in all of human history just for being a multi-variable prime counting function, yet mathematicians aren't cheering me for my "pure" math discovery!

What gives?

And it's not my only mathematical research.

I have other research that got published until some sci.math posters emailed the mathematical journal saying it was false, and the editors yanked it.

And later the journal died.

What could be so important as to quietly kill a math journal?

Any of you a published author of a mathematical paper?

Officially, I still am. Just check Mathematical Reviews.

This story is one of the biggest in mathematical history. And it is more than big enough that Usenet is tiny, and its fate is tiny in comparison.

It's also big enough that universities may be gearing up as we speak to go toe-to-toe against the legal ideas I've been brainstorming—in battles they are likely to lose.

Yup, some of the biggest universities around the world dwarfed by the size of it.

It is that big.

And a lot of it revolves around this compact mathematical function that counts primes—that is unique in all the world.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?