Monday, January 01, 2007

 

JSH: Begin to see the point?

You may think your freedom of speech on Usenet has a great value, but I fear it can be shown to be a great social detriment.

Society then would have to solve the problem of how to change Usenet so that it IS a social good.

That is the other aspect of what I'm brainstorming as I use the techniques I used to figure out my mathematical research with the problem of getting past mathematicians thinking they can ignore it, or even lie about it, where some of them, unfortunately for Usenet, are using Usenet as their primary tool, clearly believing they can't be caught.

It's that acting like they can't be caught that really pushes the case that maybe all that freedom on Usenet is being so horribly abused that it is doing great harm to our world, and I hate to make that argument as I rely on Usenet myself and the freedoms it provides, but this case is just so obvious at this point.

The mathematicians and mathematician supporters arguing with me are doing things like fighting research on prime numbers, and lying repeatedly about it, using the freedom Usenet gives them, in a way that displays a belief in impunity.

What some of you may not realize though is that their behavior could change what you can do on Usenet in the future, and not just you, but anyone on Usenet.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?