Friday, December 08, 2006

 

JSH: Remember context

I've said a lot of things over the years but remember I was working at a difficult task where for a long time there was little room to think I would succeed and later after I succeeded I was facing tremendous denial from others, lots of abuse on the newsgroups, and my own self-doubts.

Besides 'talking trash' is in some ways part of extreme mathematics.

Kind of like a tool to keep yourself psyched up, and a lot of my posts were meant to be entertaining or just to blow off steam.

So remember context. Don't read too seriously into past posts of mine, especially about consequences.

A subtle error in number theory from over a hundred years ago is just so far out there that there is no rule book.

We are all in new territory here today.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?