Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 

JSH: Latest paper submitted

In case you hadn't guessed it, I now talk out ideas before I submit papers.

Having hashed and re-hashed the main points of this latest approach to non-polynomial factorization, I made my last changes to my latest paper and submitted it to the Bulletin of the AMS.

Thanks for your help!

And yes, now things can quiet down.

With extreme mathematics things get really loud when something new is about to happen.

In this case I was working out some annoying little details until I was certain enough, as I'm trying to submit better papers than in the past as before they tended to be rather messy.

At first I kind of thought that was part of extreme mathematics but it's just un-professional and tedious as it's so much harder dealing with updates with the math journals than just tossing out another post on Usenet or updating my own sites.

[A reply to someone who wanted to know which where James' reaction to previous refutations of his paper.]

You didn't refute anything. If you did, I wouldn't have submitted the paper today.

My suggestion to you is to take a deep breath, think about automorphisms, and consider that it is now out of your hands anyway as I suggest to you that the staff and editors of the Bulletin of the AMS are more than capable of considering the mathematical issues carefully and making the right decision.

You really went way out there into la la land, so I read your posts less and less.

Maybe extreme mathematics is getting too familiar for me to get good critiques any more.

Oh well, that's how it goes. Kick back dude. Enjoy the holidays.

It's not like I'm going to look over any posts when the paper is at the Bulletin.

So those things are just out there for anybody else who cares.

As now, I don't give a damn, and there is no reason I should.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?