Friday, November 24, 2006

 

Sabotage!

A member of the sci.math newsgroup managed to get past my screening and join the group, revealing himself when he systematically down rated all of my posts.

I have banned that person from the group.

It shows you how these people operated.
Looks like people not members of the group can rate posts so I was wrong on that point.

As shown by a group of sci.math'ers who came in to downrate my posts.

Still, it shows how these people operate.

There was other evidence the banned person was a hostile sci.math'er so I'm comfortable with the decision to ban that person.

I do wish Google would allow you to only let group members rate posts, as I think their Beta still needs a bit more options for group owners, as this current ongoing sabotage by members of the sci.math newsgroup shows.

The juvenile behavior from members of the Usenet sci.math group reveals a clear weakness in Google's current setup.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?