Saturday, October 21, 2006

 

JSH: Will to be wrong

So what happened is I finally found a pure enough demonstration that without variables and functions posters who have managed to argue against me for years without it being clear to most that they had to be wrong, got stuck:

((5 + sqrt(37) + 5 - sqrt(13))/2)((sqrt(37) - sqrt(13))/2) = (5 - sqrt(13))(5 + sqrt(37))/2

That expression is remarkable for many reasons not the least of them being it took me years to find it, as I've looked for alternative ways to prove a result I not only proved years before, but even got published before some of you got it yanked by freaking the editors of the journal with some emails, and then, later, the math journal died.

My job has been a difficult one as a few years ago I realized there had to be a will to be wrong from a large number of people within the mathematical community.

>From my prime numbers research to my efforts in logic and set theory, math people have consistently refused to follow logic and mathematical proof, as a group, which has forced me to look extensively for something that was too direct for any of you to skillfully deny what you were really doing.

Now that I have it, I want to reinforce to you what many of you have been fighting—the progress of humanity itself.

Gauss did a lot of great work starting up what I call modular algebra, and he started an understanding of key properties of integers in the right direction with what are now called gaussian integers, but then something awful happened, and an error came into accepted mathematical thinking.

Over a hundred years went by until the correction, which it has been my difficult task to engineer.

Make no mistake, no matter how many of you tell yourselves you are mathematicians you cannot be mathematicians when you do not accept mathematical proof, but yes, you can probably keep going for a while longer with the world believing you are mathematicians, and maybe get some more awards like recent recipients of the Field's Medal, make some money, take care of your kids, or make some investments—and prove your hatred for humanity.

There has been a will to be wrong for years now. I hope that it is now about to end.

And that some of you will instead choose to be right, and learn correct mathematical ideas.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?