Friday, October 20, 2006

 

JSH: Take a breath

For some of you there will be more than just the shock of things long-held to be true having been proven wrong, there will also be the questions of your own role and things you said here and there or posted.

My suggestion, take a breath, pause.

The positive to all of this is how great of an adventure it truly is, and the best part of it, I think is knowing some wonderful mathematics, after cleaning out some wrong ideas.

And hey, people have had big wrong ideas before and will probably have them again.

It's just how it works.

But it does make for a rather massive build-up of energy when there is a correction like this one, and my suggestion is to just—pause.

[A reply to someone who said that, in his previous post, James made a number of errors in his calculations, drew some inferences which were unwarranted, and when several people corrected for all these, James' observations didn't implie anything particularly remarkable.]

Well, algebra mistakes in this instance don't matter much as I explained in a reply.

But you better think long and hard about what you're doing now.

Take that pause I recommended.

Take away the mistakes and the result still easily stands.

(5 + (sqrt(37) - sqrt(13))/2)((sqrt(37) - sqrt(13))/2) = (5 - sqrt(13))(5 + sqrt(37))/2

is the same as

((5 + sqrt(37) + 5 - sqrt(13))/2)((sqrt(37) - sqrt(13))/2) = (5 - sqrt(13))(5 + sqrt(37))/2

and you can lie for a while about this if you want, but I'll correct my algebra mistakes, and you won't have that to try and use any more.

And I'll reinforce the point that you are an enemy of humanity, that my predecessors are people like Gauss, Euler, Newton, Archimedes and others who you are spitting upon as you do it to me by trying to keep their discipline trashed as it is now.

If you don't want to take that pause, make your decision, but also understand that you prove yourself an enemy to this species then you will have the weight of this species against you.

And if you think you can stand against six billion plus, then go ahead, make my day.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?