Saturday, October 07, 2006

 

JSH: Disagreeement is one thing, concern on other stuff

Hey, yes, I have some fairly hard-hitting opinions about the modern mathematical community and a certainty that I've proven some corruption and deliberate hiding of the truth within that community.

A lot of the battles that have ensued as a result of my amateur research and postings about same have spilled out across the Internet, and a lot of it is nasty.

But hey, it boils down to disagreements and there is a value in keeping some perspective.

I am growing more concerned about radical elements within your group who may get the wrong idea and try to turn things in a way that might satisfy some of the sicker among you, but which are completely against rational discourse on any level.

Attention is a commodity in this day and age and people kill for it.

It's time then to step back, let things die down, the attention die down, and in that way remove the pressure.

I have said more than once that I am capable of making posts for entertainment value, and I'll admit that on my side as well it's easy to get caught up in the fun of putting things out there that are meant to shock or draw attention.

But that is not my primary motive, and at times I just have to make the major effort to correct myself, remember that it might seem like some little thing, but hey, these posts are going out to the world, and when you let the world in, you have to accept that's what you're doing, and every once in a while it's good to do a gut check.

So gut check time. Time for pause, reflection, and backing off.

I had some recent math ideas that I now don't think lead to anything, surprise, surprise, not.

I am still concerned about some of my other ideas and still certain of corruption within the math community from math professors who have decided that their careers are more important than civilization, including their students.

But I don't help anyone by acting out, falling into the trap of attention for attention's sake, or just going batty, whatever the situation may be.

And worse, if I'm too appealing, too entertaining, I run the risk of running afoul of a meaner element in this fascinating world of ours.

Time to wander off…





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?