Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

JSH: Your choice

I am stuck in a situation I HATE. What school is there for this? Where can you learn to deal with something so unimaginable?

Well I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I'm scared as hell, and often I wish I could just wake up from this stupid and annoying dream.

So I'm saying, hey, this is a dream, and at this point I'm supposed to say, you, make a choice, check the facts, use some goddamn common-sense and act like an adult, and just consider the possibility, please.

I hate this, from going from being a science nerd, who devoured any news from that world with interest, to being someone who is skeptical of just about everything I read from academics because of what I am facing now.

So some star blew up, and now astronomers say they're not sure about their models because it was bigger than the Chandrasekhar limit?

You know what I think when I read that? I think, who gives a damn what these losers think.

I don't.

Not any more.

I can't stand this, and what makes it that much more horrible is all of you.

You, the same people who sit by, and let George W. Bush invade Iraq, with barely a peep out of most of you. You, the same people who sit by with global warming. You, the same people who sit by while torture becomes the law of the world.

You, the same people who wonder when you scream and die, finally caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, and no one listens.

While you, sit back, comfortable, certain that you're safe in a world that is becoming ever more dramatic in its extremes, and less and less forgiving for people like you, who refuse to think.

Is your son in Iraq? Does that matter? Or do you blindly follow President Bush, even though that means he may be torturing someone, broken in spirit, betrayed in mind, because YOU are not what you claim to be either.

Or maybe you're in Iraq, or in some other country, like Pakistan, or Yugoslavia, or Venezuela, maybe getting a tummy-tuck, or some other plastic surgery.

Humanity today is defined by its decisions NOT to think through its choices.

Believe in God to save you? Or maybe in your atheism and disbelief in God to save you?

Who cares? This world today shows the value of your beliefs—their impotence.

What you allow defines you. What you say is meaningless in the face of what you do.

So you choose. Every day you choose. And with your choices you make this new world, whether you admit it or not.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?