Monday, August 28, 2006

 

JSH: Math fakes and blind belief

So I am challenging some of you to really consider why you think that modern mathematicians are all doing valuable research, or even mostly doing valuable research.

If you do a search on me, you will find a lot of effort has gone into painting me as a crackpot.

But if I'm right, then of course, mathematicians who are fakes would need to use some namecalling to help hold their position.

But of course, you might think, I'd say that to try and convince, when I'm challenging a very prestigious group of people.

Now way out? Or maybe you should just wait and see which way things fall?

Sure, but there's one problem. The fakes sold the world on a security system that I think can be broken. But breaking it breaks it in a way that people who believe in the fakes can't comprehend, which shatters the illusion of security of a lot of systems.

Your cellphone could be cloned and hacked. Your wireless networks would not be reliable, and you couldn't go to cafes and use your laptop. You couldn't bank on-line, and you couldn't use your credit cards on-line.

I am talking about an economic meltdown so huge you cannot begin to grasp it, because you believe in people who are not what they claim to be.

But can I do it?

Well, if you were me, would you do it?

If instead a few intelligent people were properly skeptical and challenged in just a few ways versus just going along with people who use namecalling as an important tool, then the worst case would not be an issue.

My choice is not to do it, which may seem to be an answer to you, as if I just gave an empty threat.

But I just haven't figured out for certain that I can do it, but I fear that I have opened the door already, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure partly because I refuse to check, as I contemplate a situation that is outside of anything that I imagined possible.

But if things go badly, I want you to know that you were a major part of the problem because you refused to simply check. Just this simple thing of checking mathematicians on a few key things, like primes and randomness, or why they don't have computers checking math proofs, really.

Revolutions happen because people think they know just enough to do nothing, when action is screaming at them to be taken.

Right now I am the most powerful person on the planet, quite capable of bringing nations to their knees—any nation. And I can say that in the open because a small group of people pretended to be like me, pretended to be capable of making major mathematical discoveries when they couldn't.

So they sold the world on a system that a real mathematician can figure out how to easily break.

And your life depends on what I decide. Whether you believe it or not.

And for now, the decision stands as it has been, to leave just what I have out there, hoping against hope that some one of you will feel an ounce of self-preservation before the hammer falls.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?