Thursday, October 14, 2004

 

Long threads, tactics

If you look over the thread where I've been working on another paper you'll see a good reason for creating new threads.

That one is now coming up on a 100 posts, with a lot of them coming from people who spend a lot of their time on Usenet trying to obscure what I'm saying.

They do this deliberately, and it's an effective tactic.

I've checked in various ways to watch interest in my work as it works its way around the world, as I move Google search results. As I post here Google and also Yahoo search results shift, so I watch them, and I can sort of map how effective some of these posters are.

Real mathematicians would want to get to the bottom and find out what's true, but these people are practiced at trying to control what you think on the subject.

If you didn't know it's worth mentioning that Erik Max Francis, a person who put up an insulting but popular webpage—according to Google which ranks it now about 9 for the name "James Harris"—used to post a lot on sci.math, and by now you should know about the sci.math'ers who got together to send emails and censor my paper out of an electronic math journal.

These people are serious, and they have been practicing for years, as have I.

As of now, I do more than move Google search results, as what I say gets read by quite a few people worldwide and it travels.

Kids read it, adults read it. People who think read what I say. They're learning more about how even the math world is corrupted in ways they're seeing all over the world in many places, from Catholic priests, to businesses, to politics.

They're a new generation, and they're learning rapidly.

And what people arguing with me say, travels.

The words weave their way out from here, and I can watch the war as it progresses around the globe, in waves, as attacks and battles play out.

It's a fascinating struggle with me on one side and a dedicated group of people on the other, and they're not stupid people.

By myself I have had to slowly slog through in what is basically a war of attrition, and part of that war is moving on when a thread gets clogged up by these people.

Tomorrow I'll be looking at Google search results again to see how they've moved.

Now, as I've put out this latest flurry of postings, they're moving on a day by day basis.

It's that big. The impact on the math field is like nothing that has ever come before, and even at the fringes, like replies from obsessive posters, the impact is already worldwide.

It's like a growing hurricane.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?