Monday, March 15, 2004

 

Beware undergrads, copiers of your posts

Just so you know, there are people who might copy your posts and put them up on a webpage!

Consider

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~dik/english/mathematics/jsh.html

and the post he copies is YEARS old, so don't think that posts you make here might not come back later, on a webpage, used by people who don't like you.

Sure, posts are archived anyway, but people have to dig for those.

Here if you notice by doing a Google search on my name and "math" that Dik Winter's webpage comes up prominently.

He's stolen my writings and used them to promote himself, banking on the attention that my work garners, and when I requested that he remove them, he refused.

He lives in the Netherlands. I guess they don't care about copyrights there, which surprises me since it is a European nation, but then Europe isn't what it used to be.

Then again, maybe he isn't so safe in the Netherlands, but he sure is acting like he's safe.

In any event, you're fair warned. You can look here to see what could happen to you.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?