Tuesday, August 26, 2003

 

FBI has been notified

I thought it relevant to inform that I notified the FBI a couple of months ago about some of the math issues I've brought up here. I received a single reply that agents were looking into it, as I cited national security, given that mathematicians are so important in the defense of this nation.

It was not a form letter reply. I've followed up but have not gotten further information from the FBI.

I have also informed a couple of senators, but did not receive anything other than form letter replies.

The senators were McCain of Arizona and Graham of Florida.

Some of you may be angered by my contacting important agencies like the FBI who have VERY important work to do in defense of this nation.

However, I think it very important if mathematicians are as adept at lying as I've seen, and the federal government needed to be notified.

I will also suggest that those of you who receive federal funds carefully review the terms and conditions you agreed to in order to get them.

I am not saying that I know of any investigations into mathematicians resulting from my contacts with the United States Government. I would suspect that I was simply ignored as a "crank", and that they referred to mathematicians who may have lied to them.

However, it was my duty to inform, and possibly at some future date, if some mathematicians did lie to the FBI or senators, they may face further questions.

If I was mostly ignored by the FBI and those senators, which is probable, then, of course, they didn't ask anyone.

At a later date I will probably make higher level contacts, hoping to get feedback from members of the National Security Council.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?