Thursday, June 26, 2003

 

Prime counting applet, reasonableness check

For a while now I've been trying to convince people that I have these neat and incredible math discoveries, while a lot of math types, including actual mathematicians, have been saying the opposite, and it looks to me like they're winning, so here's a different tack.

I've created an applet that uses my work to count prime numbers, which is at

http://www.msnusers.com/AmateurMath/Documents/CountViewer.html

so you can go there and type in some number and it'll count the primes.

Like if you type in 10, it'll give you 4, as 2, 3, 5 and 7 are the four primes up to 10, and it tells you how long it took it to calculate, on your machine.

Now then, even you non-math people can see that it works, and maybe, realize that it's freaking odd that mathematicians would spend so much effort to try and convince you that I'm just some nut, unless maybe they're up to something sinister.

Think about it, as far as you know I'm just some guy posting on Usenet and the Internet, so how in the hell can I come up with something that does what that applet you can see for yourself does?

And if it's so worthless, why are so many people arguing with me about it?





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?