Monday, April 14, 2003

 

Mythology and mathematics

One of the great blessings in my life has been the love of story, and in my own searches for truth I've often relied on the great stories of humanity's past--its mythology and religions.

From King Arthur, to Beowulf, to the Crow of Native American myth, and many other sources from African, to Irish, to Japanese, I've wrapped myself in a story grand enough to handle finding great mathematical truths like a short proof of a famous proposition that eluded mathematicians for 360 years or more.

Part of the necessity of an overarching Story has to do with the dryness that has been put in place by generations of mathematicians who have robbed mathematics of the vibrancy and color that is possible in that language we use to help describe our world.

Mathematics is Herself a Power, and in fact She is absolute power.

In following quests to understand Her, the grandness of myth and religion can be a sustaining force, as I've found it to be an extremely powerful sustaining force.

Besides that way I could get a really cool story versus just amateur guy finds some neat math, mathematicians turn out to be bad guys, but he wins in the end.

Now it's a grand battle between powerful forces as Truth itself becomes a weapon in the proof I call the Hammer, and I remind that it gives me absolute power.

And the greatest battles foretold throughout human history take place before a world with an ability to watch in a way that never was possible in the past.

From the realms of the mind the battles cross into the magic realm of the world where people kill each other and blow themselves and buildings apart, and so many of you run from your True Nature, as you fight desperately to continue to hide from the truth of who you are.

The Story inspires and scares me as I contemplate powers and Power, gods and God, dragons and the Dragon, while looking at the world that the Forces have wrought.

And you know, I think it's a decent tale.

[A reply to someone who said that James doesn't seem to be a quite sensible person.]

Dude, I am SO bored.

I'd think things would be MORE interesting if my FLT proof were wrong!!!

Then at least I wouldn't have to keep bothering with mathematicians.

It seemed like such a good idea, find a short proof of Fermat's Last Theorem, get famous, get cash, hang out on the beach (my latest addition to the plan).

Trouble is, I never figured that mathematicians were both incompetent and stupid.

Oh well, new plan as now I get to use the Hammer with full force, which is probably what was intended.

Now, no feeling sympathy for mathematicians who start marching with signs like "Will work for food" in the future, as I've given them lots of opportunities to play right.

I will not show mercy going forward. I was trained as a soldier in the United States Army after all.

And when the US Army plays a game, we play to win.

Yup, you guessed it. If worse comes to worse, I will turn to the Army to help me with mathematicians. And then mathematicians don't think the NSA or CIA can save your asses, as generals LIKE me.

And I think I know the CIA and NSA better than any mathematician.

When push comes to shove, they'll throw you out with the garbage.

They'd personally shoot you themselves, if it were necessary.

If I have to sic Army generals on you, I will be really pissed.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?