Wednesday, December 25, 2002

 

Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Reason for posting?

I've become really bothered by my posting, but I can't seem to stop. However, I realized that part of the sick cycle are some of those people who reply to me so negatively, so in the hope that these people might show mercy I thought I'd post something I found on the web, with limited hope, I admit, that anything will change.

"Alternatively, the narcissist feels victimized by mediocre bureaucrats and intellectual dwarves who consistently fail to appreciate his outstanding - really, unparalleled - talents, skills, and accomplishments. Being haunted by his challenged inferiors substantiates the narcissist's comparative superiority. Driven by pathological envy, these pygmies collude to defraud him, badger him, deny him his due, denigrate, isolate, and ignore him. The narcissist projects onto this second class of lesser persecutors his own deleterious emotions and transformed aggression: hatred, rage, and seething jealousy."

But here are the scary quotes:

"Paranoid ideation - the narcissist's deep-rooted conviction that he is being persecuted by his inferiors, detractors, or powerful ill-wishers - serves two psychodynamic purposes. It upholds the narcissist's grandiosity and it fends off intimacy."

"The paranoid delusions of the narcissist are always grandiose, "cosmic", or "historical". His pursuers are influential and formidable. They are after his unique possessions, out to exploit his expertise and special traits, or to force him to abstain and refrain from certain actions. The narcissist feels that he is at the center of intrigues and conspiracies of colossal magnitudes."

"The paranoid narcissist ends life as an oddball recluse - derided, feared, and loathed in equal measures. His paranoia - exacerbated by repeated rejections and ageing - pervades his entire life and diminishes his creativity, adaptability, and functioning. The narcisstis personality, buffetted by paranoia, turns ossified and
brittle. Finally, atomized and useless, it succumbs and gives way to a great void. The narcissist is consumed."

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/6514/95897

It looks like a person in the grips of this narcissism thing loses connection with reality but somehow feeds on ANY attention, including negative attention.

They called it "narcissistic supply".

It really is a twisted illness that apparently can lead to even nastier illnesses. I am self-diagnosed (typical narcissistic behavior) but it looks like it fits to me.

However, I've decided that I don't want to succumb to mental woes, so I am fighting the dark narcissist within by making this informative post, though it's probably a sign of the illness. In any event, maybe it will help in the long run as information is power.

I will do my best to stop posting, but it will help if some of you try to help out by not replying to me, or if you reply, by refraining from the attacks that feed my narcissistic side, and its irrational beliefs that everyone is out to get me. If you have facts, sure, no problem. My inability to face facts presented without emotion will just be a sign of the dark side.

My only fear now is that some of you are sick as well, and act from your own illness, so that you can't stop attacking in your posting.

But on this Christmas Day, I will act from hope, and hopefully this New Year will bring a change, and an escape from the madness.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?