Tuesday, December 10, 2002

 

Magidin: He works VERY hard for...

Nothing!!! Or is it really nothing?

Remember, I think there are mathematicians who don't actually work for a living.

And I've said so more than once, as I've described "pure mathematicians" as being on white collar welfare.

They don't seem to like that.

I've also talked of making mathematics more accessible to a wide audience, and challenged both the mathematical hierarchy, and the journal system, as it seems to me that computers could do a much better job of checking math proofs than humans.

But when I bring up the subject, you should see the heat in replies!!!

Now then, if computers checked math "proofs" would there be all this nonsense with all these posts, or having to beg editors to even look at you work?

Nope.

But I think mathematicians are afraid of two things:
  1. The loss of power and control that a more elitist structure now gives.

  2. The impact if computers started finding a lot of errors in previously published and even well cited workds.

Oh, didn't think of 2. did you?

Well I have, and it increasingly seems like a potent motivation for mathematicians to ignore my prime counting discovery and the short proof of Fermat's Last Theorem discovery.

I will push for real research to quickly move from the current archaic journal system where we depend on the eyes and minds of human editors, and where a LOT of math gets published every year, much of it bragged about as "pure", which is a mathematician's euphemism for useless!

You'd think those editors would be happy about that as it'd give them more time for other things like their own research, and it would give them a wall against cranks!!!

But it's a loss of power people, and in our world people fight to keep power.

Eventually I'm going to win here, but I want you to pay attention to how the mathematicians and their sychophants are playing the game.

And imagine if they were after YOU.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?