Wednesday, September 15, 1999

 

JSH: Finish line; re:FLT Proof

Four and a half years. I'm amazed that I went the distance.

In the Army they tell you never to stop moving. That is, a lot of people going through Basic Training aren't really in shape to run for four or five miles, or even two. Of course, you do run every single day. What the drill sergeants tell you is, walk if you have to, but never, never stop. You have to go the distance anyway, so stopping just means it'll take that much longer and it still hurts when you start up again.

The nice thing about finishing a long run is you get to relax and watch everyone else come in. It's an amazing feeling when the pressure finally comes off.

That's the way I feel now.

What I'll be doing over the next few days is watching to see who figures out that I have a proof first. I'm curious about that person. I'll also be recovering my emotional breath and trying to really relax completely for the first time in years.

I'll put the clock at 4 p.m. EST today for when I really had everything ironed out. I mean, that's when I realized one last little error at the end of my proof. I figured out how the entire proof should work at about 7:20 p.m. EST yesterday.

Truly finishing is a guarantee for me that it'll be known almost instantaneously. That is, amazingly enough, it will take only a day or so (if that) before you know from other sources that I'm telling the truth.

After all, I gave up believing that I'd convince anyone that I had a proof with these posts years ago. Only the math itself can ultimately convince, as it recently convinced me. And convince it shall.

I'm not even going to give a link to the proof site. There are plenty of posts around with links.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?