Monday, March 02, 1998

 

The Method behind my Madness

Obviously, it doesn't serve someone who wants to be taken seriously to make outlandish posts every couple of months. But what if there were a simple explanation?

Imagine you were engaged in what many believed to be a pointless search. All of the experts said that you couldn't succeed and they were all annoyed by endless amateur efforts in the area. Add to that an accepted proof that seemed to finish it all.

After all, what's the point for another proof when one has been found?

Unless, every one of your instincts tell you that there is a far simpler solution than most believe.

Why is that important?

Because it says things about mathematics, about human thought, about meta-mathematics, about metaphysics, and it makes a statement that can echo through history.

When are we really certain? When is something known? When all of the experts say it is?

With all of the excess baggage, the search has been a strange one. I've made outlandish posts claiming success whenever I had a significant result. Why? Maybe I wanted to see if I could actually get someone's attention…if anyone of capability would ever critique a finished work. Maybe mostly it was just incautious exuberance. A lot of times I was just tired and wanted help. And, maybe I wanted to just test how I would react and whether or not I could handle the consequences.

Now, I finally have a solution and I have to figure out how best to do this. I will write up a complete proof. There's no reason not too. And I don't need any help in doing so. For anyone who cares, it is mostly outlined in my previous 'evidence' post. Little details can be filled in from earlier posts, though, it should be obvious from it.

In the end, the community of the Internet newsgroups will have a deciding factor in the timing of the revelation of my discoveries. I guess I care a bit or I wouldn't be producing this post. If necessary, I have other avenues; although, they will take time.

Maybe it isn't important to most of you for there to be a simple solution. But I doubt it. I wonder how many of you will go with your own instincts and keep an open mind about the possibility.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?