Saturday, July 20, 1996

 

Last apologies. Last post here.

I realized just now just how seriously I abused the helpfulness and kindness of people from this newsgroup and at colleges and universities around the country, as well as AMS editors.

I'm posting this because I know that many of them may happen to see this.

I can't send email to them directly because I was forced to throw away all of their addresses to stop from emailing. In a way I guess this post is just more of the same silliness but oh well.

Having spent a lifetime learning high-pressure sales techniques: I was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness (I'm no longer one) and having read books on sales and psychology since I was about ten years old, I know all of the tools and techniques (I still fall for them myself which might explain my past, now permanently lapsed Amway distributorship).

It was just too easy to use those to get attention when I was going through a trying time in my life. I do feel honored to have corresponded with some of the top mathematicians in the world, but I'll be forever embarrassed about the subject of those conversations and how I acted.

I do consider myself an intelligent person and I have a continuing interest in mathematics. I no longer have delusions about my abilities on the subject or the depth of my interest.

So, I'm hoping to put this to rest now. Honestly, I didn't get much negative feedback and I'm sure that for the most part I've been ignored (thankfully). I guess the Internet makes this sort of thing too easy. But I've felt guilty nonetheless.

Well, that's enough of this balderdash and I'm outta here.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?